Thursday, September 8, 2011

new market & chan luu

It was my Birthday last week and I caught up with my lovely three sisters last night for dinner. It was a great night.

We ate at Newmarket Hotel in St Kilda (I have been dying to go there for quite sometime). Not only is the food amazingly delicious (shared food - Latin American inspired) the interiors, designed by six degrees architects,  was fabulous - huge concrete arches, tartan carpet and salvaged wallpaper – unusual choices that gives the restaurant/pub an undeniable edge-iness.







Also, I was very lucky to receive a Chan Luu bracelet for my Birthday, which I absolutely adore. I have not heard of Chan Luu before, so this morning (last night I was too tired and needed sleep!) I was straight onto the website to check it out.

Chan Luu's collection comprises jewellery for men and women, accessories and apparel. Boho-luxe, her pieces are inspired by cultures around the world. 

Originally from Vietnam, Chan Luu moved to Boston and later Los Angeles to earn a degree in Fashion Design at the Fashion Institute of Design in 1975. She opened her own boutique in 1982 and began designing her own accessories in 1996. Her pieces have been featured in Vogue, Elle, Glamour, Harper Bazaar and InStyle and her designs have been worn by celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, Mischa Barton, Sandra Bullock, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore and Janet Jackson (I can't believe I didn't even realise!!). Using hand cut semi-precious stones, beads, and colored fresh water pearls, Chan's trademark is her artistic skill in combining unusual forms with beautiful colors to create truly striking pieces which set the trend in fashion jewellery.
If you haven't had a look at her pieces, it's definitely worth a peek.




No comments:

Post a Comment